🍲 Authentic Italian Ribollita Soup Recipe
Authentic Italian Ribollita Soup
You will need:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 loaf day-old Italian bread, torn into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- First, heat a large pot over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil, then add the chopped onions, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent.
- Next, add the chopped kale to the pot. Stir it in and let it wilt down. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Now, stir in the cannellini beans, vegetable broth, and diced tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together.
- After the soup has simmered, add the torn pieces of day-old Italian bread. Let them soak up the broth and soften, which should take about 10 minutes.
- Finally, season the soup with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve it warm with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top. Enjoy this hearty and comforting Italian dish!
This soup is even better the next day, as the flavors have more time to meld together. It's a great way to use up leftover bread and it's easily customizable - feel free to add other vegetables or beans as you like.
Introducing the Authentic Italian Ribollita Soup
Are you craving a hearty and delicious Italian soup that will warm your soul? Look no further than the Authentic Italian Ribollita Soup. This traditional Tuscan dish is packed with flavor and made with simple, wholesome ingredients that are sure to please your taste buds.
To make this mouthwatering soup, you will need a few key ingredients. Start by gathering 1 large onion, 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 small bunch of kale, 1 can of cannellini beans, 4 cups of vegetable broth, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 loaf of day-old Italian bread, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil for drizzling.
The preparation is straightforward and will have your kitchen smelling amazing in no time. Begin by sautéing the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic in a large pot. Once they are fragrant and slightly softened, add the chopped kale and sauté until wilted. This step adds a vibrant green color and a nutritious boost to the soup.
Next, stir in the cannellini beans, vegetable broth, and diced tomatoes. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer, allowing the flavors to meld together. The star of this dish is the day-old Italian bread, which is torn into pieces and added to the soup. The bread soaks up the broth, creating a thick and hearty consistency.
Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, and let it simmer for a little longer to ensure all the flavors are fully developed. Once it's ready, serve the soup warm with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top. The olive oil adds a rich and luxurious touch to the dish, elevating it to the next level.
One of the best things about this Authentic Italian Ribollita Soup is that it tastes even better the next day. As the flavors have more time to meld together, the soup becomes even more delicious and comforting. It's a great way to use up leftover bread and can be easily customized by adding your favorite vegetables or beans.
So, if you're looking for a taste of Italy in a bowl, give this Authentic Italian Ribollita Soup a try. It's a classic dish that embodies the flavors and traditions of Tuscany. Whether you're enjoying it on a chilly winter evening or as a light lunch, this soup is sure to satisfy your cravings and transport you to the beautiful Italian countryside.
For more traditional Italian recipes, check out our Traditional Italian Recipes section.